Hi,

On Feb 16, 2008, at 10:18 AM, Fabio Forno wrote:
On Feb 15, 2008 11:21 PM, XMPP Extensions Editor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
The XMPP Extensions Editor has received a proposal for a new XEP.

Title: Stream Compression with Efficient XML Interchange

Abstract: This document specifies how to use Efficient XML Interchange (EXI) in XML stream compression.

The XMPP Council will decide at its next meeting whether to accept this proposal as an official XEP.

Did some homework about EXI. I don't know if handling it as a
compression method it's the best way, since it forces the client to
have both an xml parser just for the first stanzas before features
(indeed it could be done with some string search, but it's an ugly
hack) and the exi parser. EXI streams, instead, have a starting header
whose first two bits allow understanding whether the data is encoded
with EXI or text xml, so a client wanting to use it could open the
stream directly with EXI. If the servers doesn't understand it can
reply with an error.
AFAIK in RFC 3920 there aren't restrictions in this sense.

I would like to experiment with EXI, to test it out, but I could not find any open-source implementations.

Any pointers?

Best regards,
--
Pedro Melo