On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 12:28 PM, XMPP Extensions Editor
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  Title: Stanza Repeaters
>
>  Abstract: This specification defines an XMPP extension that enables
> optimization of interdomain traffic that is intended for delivery to multiple
> recipients, using the concept of a stanza repeater.

Thought I'd take a look at how this worked. My first question is: why
are we sending stanzas to the repeater using <iq/>s? Why can't I
create a repeater, using <iq/>s of course, and then begin sending
stanzas directly to the repeater which then forwards them out to
everyone?

Looking at the examples, it looks like the repeater service is giving
each repeater a JID. Sending stanzas to it directly ought to work.
Perhaps something like:

> Example 1. Stanza as sent to repeater

>    <presence xmlns='jabber:client'
>              from='[EMAIL PROTECTED]/foo'
>              to='[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
>              type='probe'/>

One problem is that all of the management use cases in the XEP would
probably need to be changed so that repeating <iq/> stanzas is
simpler. This is easily changed by making the repeater service's JID
handle all management requests for individual repeaters.

- Nolan Eakins

--
SemanticGap(R) - http://www.semanticgap.com/