Am 30.09.2008 um 16:56 schrieb Remko Tronçon:

'Using Jingle in-band?'. I may have missed most of the discussion, but
using Jingle if you already know the transport doesn't sound like what
was intended? I was under the impression that we would use Jingle to
negotiate a transport, which *could* be IBB as a fallback in the worst
case, but could (preferably) also be an OOB method.

Last time, a few suggested IBB for text-only, which I think is a good idea, since OOB is a privacy issue. We'll get the situation ICQ had in the beginning then. We didn't make the mistake ICQ did back then, why do we want to make that mistake now?

--
Jonathan