Hello

On Mon, Oct 06, 2008 at 12:30:10PM +0100, Pedro Melo wrote:
>> On Mon, Oct 06, 2008 at 11:37:34AM +0100, Pedro Melo wrote:
>>> The reasons given to use a well-known resource can be solved better using
>>> other methods.
>>
>> You omit the reason the resource name carries an information. When I see
>> someone connected with resource 'mobile', I know I should not spam him
>> with large messages.
> IMHO, you should use caps for that.
>
> That's the proper way to solve it. Use an identity client/phone or
> client/handheld.

Then you will need caps containing any string to show to user, since
resource can carry any information. I might want to send a message to
specific computer out of the connected ones. I might want to know which
resource I run commands on (let's say with my own account but different
resource, to disconnect it from MUC or so).

--

Michal 'vorner' Vaner