On Tue Oct 14 02:32:08 2008, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
So anything starting with urn:xmpp:stream: would be handled in this
special way? I don't know whether I like that, since there are
exceptions for older namespaces etc.

Most of the exceptions are mandated to be supported by RFC 3920. The exception is dialback, but I'd feel confident in assuming that even if it's been turned off, all servers know what it is.

Dave.
--
Dave Cridland - mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] - xmpp:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
 - http://dave.cridland.net/