Marcus Lundblad wrote:
> tis 2008-10-14 klockan 11:56 -0600 skrev Peter Saint-Andre:
>> Marcus Lundblad wrote:
>>
>>> There is no way for a client to "push" this information as part of it's
>>> presence. One workaround could be to issue an <iq/> requesting "last"
>>> info when we receive an updated presence from a contact. But this
>>> wouldn't allow a client to be idle while still remaining "available",
>>> which could be desirable.
>>
>> I think the natural way to send idle time would be to include a notation
>> when changing from available to away, or
>> from away to extended away.
>>

> Sounds reasonable.

Indeed, the existing namespace could be used here:

<presence from='[EMAIL PROTECTED]/orchard'>
  <show>away</show>
  <query xmlns='jabber:iq:last' seconds='720'/>
</presence>

<presence from='[EMAIL PROTECTED]/orchard'>
  <show>xa</show>
  <query xmlns='jabber:iq:last' seconds='7200'/>
</presence>

Shall I add an example of that to the spec?

/psa