I have finally found the time to review the DNS-SD and Multicast DNS
specifications on which XEP-0174 (Serverless Messaging) depends. I have
found a number of small points that could be clarified in XEP-0174 based
on this review, along with the larger issue of the TXT record format.

In addition, I have added some text about returning disco#info data in
the stream features as an optimization for Entity Capabilities, and I
have removed the references to Encrypted Sessions in the security
considerations.

We may still want to define more carefully the relationship between
XEP-0174 and XEP-0246 (End-to-End Streams), probably by moving some
content from XEP-0174 to XEP-0246.

The provisionally update spec is here:

http://xmpp.org/extensions/tmp/xep-0174-1.3.html

SVN diffs can be found here:

http://svn.xmpp.org:18080/browse/XMPP/trunk/extensions/xep-0174.xml

In particular the diff from 1.2 is here:

http://is.gd/4Fmg

Your feedback is welcome.

Peter

--