I think there a big need to have consistent way of:

1. structuring ³shared spaces² in a bldg/floor/room layout
2. attaching multimedia (audio, video, whiteboard, presentations,
voting/surveys, etc....) to a MUC to create a ³shared space²
3. attaching asynchronous media (wiki, file storage, blogs, portal, etc...)
to a ³shared space²

basically in order to move XMPP beyond just a chat standard we need to look
at the ³shared spaces² concept and figure out how to do it one better than
all the proprietary collaboration systems.  This was a big part of why we
are creating a whiteboarding/presentation proto-XEP. For the asynchronous
stuff its pretty much HTTP(s) and WebDAV and for audio/video  its Jingle.
But the key is everything builds around the MUC and  ³shared space² would
extend the MUC¹s configuration with additional fields that provide URLs or
JIDs for the ³share space² services.

if you integrate XMPP with a SSO solution than it really becomes a viable
idea.

boyd