On Oct 28, 2008, at 5:23 AM, Sergei Golovan wrote:

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 1:28 AM, Peter Saint-Andre <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

What about things like SOAP over XMPP? There are lots of prefixes in
that spec:

http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0072.html

However that's just about the only such spec I know of.

There's another extension (and it's even implemented):
http://code.google.com/apis/talk/jep_extensions/roster_attributes.html

No, the router part of your server doesn't need to look into the query part of the IQ in this case. Only the session manager.

In some servers, those two parts are quite separate entities.

And there's an extension which requires to parse every message packet
which goes through a server:
http://www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0079.html

Maybe a reason why I don't know of a single server who implements this.

Best regards,
--
Pedro Melo
XMPP ID: [EMAIL PROTECTED]