On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 3:15 PM, Remko Tronçon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> I would also add that showing different feature sets to different
>> people in your roster breaks entity capabilities (XEP-0115) mechanism.
>
> Why? Isn't XEP-0115 based on a hash from your feature string? And even

In XEP-0115 you include a hashed features list into your presence packet. This
presence packet is the same for all you roster items (in fact, it's
your server who
broadcasts this packet). So, you can't include different feature sets in entity
capabilities packet for different roster items.

Though I recall that XEP-0115 requires that the disco query should
include a specific
node, so it's possible that the answer could differ from the usual
disco query (without
node attribute). It looks weird that two disco queries which are ment
to be identical
will diifer, but at least it doesn't break things. Sorry for the noise.

--
Sergei Golovan