On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 12:06 PM, Sergei Golovan <sgolo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > If you get a ping response, then - due to the ordering of all stanzas
> > between two endpoints - the message must have been delivered.
> I'm afraid that if the previous stanza wasn't delivered for some reason then
> receiving pong response will not show anything useful.

That only happens if the connection was lost before receiving the
message, and reestablished before receiving the iq ping.

If that happens then either
a) The new connection uses a different resource, and the ping will fail.
or
b) The new connection uses the same resource, and the server will have
sent offline/online presence so you know something screwey's happened.

/K