Remko Tronçon wrote:
work for me, as it takes 5 minutes until I see all presences (which
SUCKS!).

Sounds like you have a much bigger problem then. If your server takes
5 minutes to process all presence from your contacts, it means your
initial roster get with your schema will take 5 minutes as well, so
you won't be able to IM *at all* during that period.

I really don't see the problem with presence flood. Any presence you
get as a <presence/> stanza will have to be in your initial roster get
too, which means that your initial roster will be a huge stanza
(possibly exceeding server and client limits), and you'll lose all the

Isn't that already a problem for... Peter?

But the average user has 10 contacts anyway ;-)