Pedro Melo wrote:
Hi,

On 2009/09/29, at 11:20, Paul Witty wrote:
As a bit of background on what I'm trying to do, I'm implementing a SIP to XMPP/Jingle gateway. The gateway is connected to the XMPP server as a component (e.g. sipgw.xmppserver.com) and so the Jingle client can make a call to 1.2....@sipgw.xmppserver.com, which then routes this to sip://1.2.3.4. However, in the other direction, a SIP call to sip://p...@sipgw can be routed by the SIP gateway to the JID p...@xmppserver.com, but without presence information this is insufficient to make a Jingle call.

The two solutions to this I can see is either for the SIP gateway to have privileges which allow it access to presence information for clients registered to its server through sending a presence probe for any user (but which I assume is not supported), or to have the gateway send a presence subscription request each time a call comes to a previously uncalled user, and maintaining the roster, which is clunky both on the gateway side and for the user experience.

Clients that want to use the SIP gateway must register with it using XEP-0100. In the process, the service subscribes the user presence.

I think you really need the registration part, so that the SIP gateway knows how to map p...@sipgw to p...@xmppserver.

At the moment we just map sip://usern...@sipgw to xmpp://usern...@xmppserver.com, which, for within a closed company system (such as those to which we sell SIP equipment), works perfectly well to provide SIP -> Jingle calling with zero configuration. Requiring registration means that it doesn't "just work", and also means that the client needs to have the ability to register to the gateway, so that we can't just support any Jingle-capable client.

--

Paul