Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> On 9/29/09 10:05 AM, Peter Ferne wrote:
>> On 29 Sep 2009, at 17:03, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
>>
>>> I won't be convinced that XEP-0223 truly supersedes XEP-0049 until I see
>>> people actively using it for the same use cases...
>>

>> Are you aware of any specific reasons why it hasn't gained traction,
>> other than inertia?
>
> No, I'm not. But I think we need some experimentation with the pubsub
> approach before we definitively kill off private XML storage.

Stupid question: is there any pubsub server out there that supports
XEP-0223? XEP-0223 requires a pubsub server to have a virtual pubsub
service with pubsub#persist_items = true and pubsub#max_items > 1. AFAIK
pubsub servers only support PEP on the virtual server which makes no
sense without the ability to store more than one item.

And there is the issue when to sync the private storage. See
http://www.mail-archive.com/pub...@xmpp.org/msg00000.html [1]

Dirk

--
panic ("No CPUs found.  System halted.\n");
        2.4.3 linux/arch/parisc/kernel/setup.c