Hi all,

The main difference between versions 1.0 and 1.1 of the bookmarks XEP
is the previous use of XEP-0049: Private XML Storage, and the new
recommandation of use of XEP-0223: Persistent Storage of Private Data
via PubSub. The section 3 even mentions other storage methods, such as
HTTP/WebDAV.

http://xmpp.org/extensions/attic/xep-0048-1.0.html
http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0048.html
http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0048.html#storage

How are clients and servers supposed to manage the transition and/or
synchronization from one to another?

Clients:
I believe most clients, if no all, support XEP-0049. I believe only a
few clients support bookmarks over XEP-0223 (I don't know of any).

Servers:
I believe too few servers support PubSub. I believe none supports HTTP/WebDAV.

Any best practice or hint? Or w're stuck on a historical XEP?
--
Nicolas Vérité - ProcessOne
http://process-one.net