On Fri Oct 15 18:11:55 2010, Justin Karneges wrote:
On Friday 15 October 2010 00:54:30 Dave Cridland wrote:
> I'd be inclined to stick with this pattern, too - add domain-level
> affiliations in a more general way, include them in protocol (we
> currently use a magic room in MUC), and not try to expose them (very
> much) in the affiliation lists of the node/rooms.

Okay, so setting affiliations with scopes. Maybe to handle domain scope you'd just do the same admin protocol exchanges against the MUC domain JID instead
of a room JID?

Yes, could do. I'd leave the virtual room as a control, though, it's nice for compat.

I agree that in general it would be confusing to differentiate admins of different scopes in a client UI, but we have this need, so I'd like for it to
be possible.  What about this:

<presence from="r...@conference.example.com/user_nick">
  <x xmlns="http://jabber.org/protocol/muc#user";>
    <item affiliation="admin" scope="domain" role="moderator"/>
  </x>
</presence>

Can do - obviously you need an extension element in the muc join element.

Dave.
--
Dave Cridland - mailto:d...@cridland.net - xmpp:d...@dave.cridland.net
 - http://dave.cridland.net/