On 4/14/11 2:22 PM, Philipp Hancke wrote:

<snip/>

> Actually, I mostly disagree with the "removed requirement for the
> Receiving Server to close the stream if the dialback key is invalid"
> stuff. From the security POV, why should the receiving server not
> terminate the stream?

Because, from the performance point of view, it doesn't want to discard
the 10,000 valid domains it already supports on that stream. That's a
huge cost to impose on the server just because the 10,001st domain has a
DNSSEC problem. For traditional dialback the force-close requirement is
fine. For dialback as used for domain name assertions with DNSSEC it
seems too strong to me.

Peter

--
Peter Saint-Andre