What's the point of including it on the document when it's not finalized and
has potential patent claims?

-----Original Message-----
From: standards-boun...@xmpp.org [mailto:standards-boun...@xmpp.org] On
Behalf Of Dave Cridland
Sent: Friday, 17 June 2011 2:44 AM
To: XMPP Standards
Subject: Re: [Standards] LAST CALL: XEP-0266 (Codecs for Jingle Audio)

On Thu Jun 16 18:26:34 2011, dmex wrote:
> Opus should not be listed until such time as its patent doubts are
> resolved and its format has been formally finalized, doing otherwise
> is stupidity at its best.

No, I disagree, we should clearly indicate that there are IPR claims, and
take no position on their validity.

Then we provide the best information we have as an organization, and this
may result in people becoming more aware of patent issues, and either
quashing them or ignoring Opus as a result; either is fine.

--
Dave Cridland - mailto:d...@cridland.net - xmpp:d...@dave.cridland.net
  - http://dave.cridland.net/