On 6/24/11 10:02 AM, XMPP Extensions Editor wrote:
> Version 0.5 of XEP-0292 (vCard4 Over XMPP) has been released.
>
> Abstract: This document specifies an XMPP extension for use of the
> vCard4 XML format in XMPP systems, with the intent of obsoleting the
> vcard-temp format.
>
> Changelog: Corrected XSLT script; provided detailed examples of the
> vcard-temp and vCard4 XML formats. (psa)
>
> Diff: http://xmpp.org/extensions/diff/api/xep/0292/diff/0.4/vs/0.5

Folks, I'm done with this one for a little while (too many other things
to work on). Reviews would be welcome.

As background, to make progress on this spec I compared the vCard
"flavors" specified in these documents:

vcard3 = http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2426

vcard3 XML = http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-dawson-vcard-xml-dtd-03.txt

vcard-temp = http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0054.html

vcard4 = http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-vcarddav-vcardrev-22

vcard4 XML = http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-vcarddav-vcardxml-11

There are many differences and discrepancies between those flavors,
complicating the task of migrating from vcard-temp to vcard4 XML.
Although I think that I've defined things correctly now, there might be
some more ugly beasts lurking about in this dark forest. :)

Thanks!

/psa