On 9/27/11 10:07 AM, Kurt Zeilenga wrote:

> On Sep 27, 2011, at 8:35 AM, XMPP Extensions Editor wrote:
>
>> The XMPP Extensions Editor has received a proposal for a new XEP.
>>
>> Title: Unique Room Names for Multi-User Chat
>>
>> Abstract: This specification defines an XMPP protocol extension for
>> requesting a unique room ID from a multi-user chat service.

>> The XMPP Council will decide in the next two weeks whether to accept this
>> proposal as an official XEP.
>>

> Would be nice if this spec would offer some rationale for the introduction of
> this extension…

It's simply being moved from XEP-0045 to a standalone spec (perhaps,
i.e., if people still think it's useful).

> and it would be good if the spec stated that return of a name does not imply
> the name is reserved in way.

In order to be useful, the room ID would need to be reserved for some
period of time, no?

By the way, I think this feature needs to be deprecated. I submitted
this ProtoXEP only to foster discussion on this list (previous
discussion happened on the m...@xmpp.org list).

Peter

--
Peter Saint-Andre