> On 12/12/11 1:52 PM, Kim Alvefur wrote:
>> On Mon, 2011-12-12 at 12:43 -0700, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
>>> XEP-0077 (In-Band Registration) does not define a disco feature for
>>> advertising support for jabber:iq:register. I have a use case in which
>>> this would be very handy.
>>
>> I'm pretty sure this is already standard practice for at least gateways,
>> despite lack of a defined feature.
>>
>>> Any concerns about adding this to XEP-0077?
>> +1
>
> OK, I'll generate a slight update to XEP-0077 in time for the next
> meeting of the XMPP Council.

Hmm, here's a question: if an XMPP server advertises a service discovery
feature of "jabber:iq:register", is the server indicating that it
supports in-band *registration* (as in, anyone can create an account
using jabber:iq:register), in-band password changes, or both? I know
that some servers allow password changes but not registration (depending
on configuration). We might want to define a separate disco feature for
password changes, leaving "jabber:iq:register" for the registration use
case.

Peter

--
Peter Saint-Andre