On 12/23/2011 07:50 AM, Florian Zeitz wrote:
> Hello everyone,

Hello Florian, I am nice to meet you

> The second thing I'm super uncomfortable with are the defaults mandated
> by PEP. PEP mandates defaults for PubSub configuration options. Just
> that PubSub never specifies some of those options. The only descriptions
> of those options (e.g. deliver_notifications or access_model) are in
> labels of form fields in the field standardization.
> I personally don't deem those normative and would rather have some
> normative text somewhere. Even if it's just a table with the same content.

Offtopic slightly, but I already said that I see such problems too. For
example, I said that it's impossible to say when pubsub service will
publish item publisher attribute as said in
http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0060.html#publisher-publish-success-publisher

So it's impossible to say if pubsub server will be suitable if we need
to know which author published which item. Such problems NEED to be
solved too because, really, pubsub has great idea inside but it's
impossible to build more high level protocols with such approach.

--
With best regards,
Sergey Dobrov,