On 1/31/12 5:57 PM, Florian Zeitz wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> someone just pointed out to me that the current revision of XEP-45
> prescribes JIDs to modify the moderator list. This seemed quite strange
> to me, and after examining 1.25rc12 it seems this was fixed in example
> 148 in section 9.8.

In fact, I think we didn't touch that text at all in the revision
process, because it's the same in 1.24. Compare the following two URLs
side by side:

http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0045.html#modifymod

http://xmpp.org/extensions/tmp/xep-0045-1.25.html#modifymod

> However, the accompanying text was not adapted. I
> hope/think that is an oversight that should be fixed.

It might be something that we want to fix, but we didn't change it so far.

> I think it should read:
> «In order to do so, the admin MUST send the changed items (i.e., only
> the "delta") back to the service; each item MUST include the 'nick'
> attribute and 'role' attribute (set to a value of "moderator" to grant
> moderator status or "participant" to revoke moderator status) but SHOULD
> NOT include the 'jid' attribute and MUST NOT include the 'affiliation'
> attribute (which is used to manage affiliations such as admin rather
> than the moderator role):»

I'd be fine with that, but I'd also like to see more discussion before
we change it in the spec.

> Also in 15.5.3
> «
>   <field
>       var='muc#roomconfig_allowinvites'
>       type='boolean'
>       label='Roles that May Send Private Messages'/>
>   <field
>       var='muc#roomconfig_allowpm'
>       type='list-single'
>       label='Whether to Allow Occupants to Invite Others'/>
> »
> seem to have the labels switched around. Additionally I think
> muc#roomconfig_allowpm should be a list-multi.

Fixed in my working copy.

Thanks for the feedback!

Peter

--