On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 1:11 AM, Sergey Dobrov <bin...@jrudevels.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My gateways need to use "from", "to" and "none" subscription states, not
> only both but I don't see the way to make it possible gateway to pass
> them from gateway to a client: XEP-144 doesn't handle subscription
> states, plain subscriptions mechanism doesn't cover all of them too.
>
> Maybe it's reasonable to make it possible to interact with gateways with
> a "jabber:iq:roster" namespace? It can be done on the client side or the
> server side:
>
> 1. Client side: client will ask each gateway for a roster, then it will
> receive all items and get updates as usually. Benefit is that client can
> divide rosters from different sources easily.
> 2. Server side: server can ask gateways and merge them rosters into the
> general one. The benefit is in unnecessary of clients completions.
>
> Both these options have benefit that it will be easier to move across
> gateways. For now, it's really problematic to move from the one gateway
> to another one.
>
> --
> With best regards,
> Sergey Dobrov,
> XMPP Developer and JRuDevels.org founder.

Have you looked at http://jkaluza.fedorapeople.org/remote-roster.html ?

Prosody and Spectrum have implementations for sections 2.3, 2.4 and
2.5, and it works fine. The Prosody implementation is
mod_remote_roster, and allows trusted hosts (currently local
components) to edit roster items for that host (mostly normal
jabber:iq:roster queries). This lets Spectrum cleanly manage the
user's transport contacts.

http://code.google.com/p/prosody-modules/source/browse/mod_remote_roster/mod_remote_roster.lua

--
Waqas Hussain