On 10/26/2012 11:29 PM, bear wrote:

(Moving this to standards. Including the summit notes for reference).

Hi,

Looking over these notes, I get the impression many issues are already
solved with one or more XEPs. But even within our community many of
these solutions are not generally known or how these XEPs can interact
is not clear. How would that be for a fresh implementer, looking for
libraries and standards to quickly build an application?

So shouldn't we take some time to write a bunch of How-To documents
describing ways to attack common problems. Issues that come to my mind are:
- Shared BOSH/websockets c.q. cross-tab and cross-device state sharing
- XMPP over unreliable and low bandwidth connections
- Setting up a to HTTP/websockets restricted client

Probably there are more topics to cover. A good writeup of the
discussion at the summit should probably cover the first two topics.
Unfortunately I won't be able to do that, though I might be able to pull
on the last one.

Any opinions / idea's / additions on this?

Winfried