Hi,

I've started implementing XEP-0256 however its usage of XEP-0012 is quite
unfortunate. XEP-0012 provides relative timestamps. This timestamp is added
by the client to its presence message, not including network delays and
server processing delays. When you receive such enriched presence your only
option is to use the current time to roughly tell when the absolute time
which is quite complex, which could be avoided.

Thus I propose the option of adding an absolute timestamp instead of the
relative one to XEP-0256. Obviously this relies on synchronized clocks to
provide ideal usability but all major desktop OS are shipped with network
clock synchronization enabled as far as i know.

Does anyone object to this idea or have a different opinion on how to solve
this issue?

Cheers,
Tobi