On 01/26/2013 10:30 PM, Dave Cridland wrote:
Acks without resumption are still interesting - a client can flag
unacked stanzas, a server can redirect them into offline storage as
appropriate, and so on.

Some more discussion (in the XEP) on this would be nice I think. Such a text could possibly be partly lifted from the RFC rules for handling of stanzas to full jids if there's no matching resource.

I can think of some odd cases tho, like if you have another resource available, should unacked messages be re-routed there? And how should that interact with Carbons?

http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6121#section-8.5.3.2

--
Kim "Zash" Alvefur