Hi,

Am 08.02.2013 um 23:55 schrieb Matt Miller <linuxw...@outer-planes.net>:

> In working on the patch to address HTTP pipelining, I cascaded into section
> 16: Multiple Streams.
>
> Multiple Streams seems to require support for HTTP pipelining, but feels as
> if it runs afoul of even the basic requirements for HTTP pipelining (not
> including the "SHOULD NOT use pipelining with non-safe or non-indempotent
> methods").  I have a hard time working out my patch without doing something
> substantial about Multiple Streams.

As to my understanding Multiple Streams do not require HTTP Pipelining.
Actually the XEP says that Mulitple Streams might come in handy in case HTTP
Pipelining is not available.

> Does anyone actually implement this, and depend on its support?  If so, then
> I think we ought to separate this into its own XEP, and fixing all of the
> vagueness and ambiguities around it.  If not, then I would STRONG RECOMMEND
> removing it completely.

Some years ago I ran into an issue where we wanted to deal with multiple XMPP
session at the same time and due to browser restrictions couldn't create more
simultaneous BOSH sessions. That's why we came up with this proposal at first
hand. But then we never had it implemented.

.Steve