Från: Yusuke DOI <yusuke....@toshiba.co.jp<mailto:yusuke....@toshiba.co.jp>>
Datum: 6 mars 2013 07:32:55 CET
Till: XMPP Standards <standards@xmpp.org<mailto:standards@xmpp.org>>
Ämne: [Standards] Question on valid XMPP
Svara till: XMPP Standards <standards@xmpp.org<mailto:standards@xmpp.org>>
Hi,

My name is Yusuke Doi. I'm wondering if it is possible to put EXI[1] with XMPP.

During my experiment to encode some XML instances captured from my tcpdump to
EXI, I have got unique particle attribution (UPA) problem as described in [2].
Although EXI works with schemaless XML, it's far better to use schema-informed
EXI in terms of efficiency and validation. Schema-informed EXI is for valid
XML, but current spec does not allow validation due to UPA. Changing local
schema (suggested by Peter in [2]) breaks interoperability of schema-informed
EXI.

Is there any possible way to make a 'valid XMPP spec' with some
(backword-compatible) specification update? I guess there are three choices.

1) change XMPP schema/spec to avoid UPA. This may break inteoperability.
2) use different XMPP schema for EXI communications. This looks awkward.
3) use XSD 1.1 for weak wildcard. I'm not sure XMPP community wants/hates
'cool' features of XSD 1.1.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/exi/
[2] http://mail.jabber.org/pipermail/jdev/2012-June/089069.html

Regards,

// Yusuke DOI <yusuke....@toshiba.co.jp<mailto:yusuke....@toshiba.co.jp>>
Corporate R&D Center, TOSHIBA Corp.

--
Hälsningar

Joachim Lindborg
Teknisk Chef

Sustainable Innovation AB
Adress: Box 55998 102 16<tel:55998%20102%2016> Stockholm
Besöksadress: Storgatan 31 (Malmgården)
Email: joachim.lindb...@sust.se<mailto:joachim.lindb...@sust.se>,
www.sust.se<http://www.sust.se>
Tel +46 706-442270<tel:%2B46%20706-442270>