A couple of thoughts:

* Please don't use PEP for this. To support other servers you will end up
rewriting your code.
* Please don't use PEP for this. To update code you have to wait for the
XMPP server team to put out a new release
* Please don't use PEP for this. If I read this thread correctly, you are
are doing crazy things to work around PEP following restrictions and and to
enable commenting.

Seriously - if you want this to fly, you don't want your code changes to be
bound into the XMPP server core. (as an analogy, imagine if your JAVA
application server had to be build into the core of Apache - shudder). You
end up with a big pile of unmaintainable gunk and lots of finger pointing.

Think of XMPP as your dumb message router and build any intelligence into a
component roughly based on pub-sub. Now you can extend your application
quickly, put out new releases without needing to wait a year between new
versions of $XMPP-SERVER and your code will work against any XMPP server.

S.

--
Simon Tennant | buddycloud.com | +49 17 8545 0880 | office hours:
goo.gl/tQgxP