On Sat, May 18, 2013 at 1:04 PM, XMPP Extensions Editor <edi...@xmpp.org>wrote:

> Version 0.9 of XEP-0301 (In-Band Real Time Text) has been released.
> Abstract: This is a specification for real-time text transmitted in-band
> over an XMPP session.
>   Real-time text is text transmitted instantly while it is being typed or
>   created.

There is now multiple open-source implementations of XEP-0301 to try:

1. Easy: Web based version. Just logon using Google credentials and chat
XEP-0301 right away.
http://tap.gallaudet.edu/rtt/
(This is a strophe.js JavaScript XEP-0301 plugin; Chris Vogler will release
it on GIT shortly).

2. Downloadable C# client for XEP-0301 for Windows.
http://www.realjabber.org/

They also interop with each other.  There are also other prototype
implementations (e.g. Gunnar's Omnitor, Indigital Inc., Gregg
Vanderheiden's Trace Center), which are not listed here.  Gallaudet
Univerity's TAP (Technology Access Program) released the Javascript version
of XEP-0301, showing real-time text streaming between web browsers.  We all
have unamious agreement that XEP-0301 is mature for LAST CALL.  The
out-in-open independently developed implementations is proof.

I am hereby submitting a request to XSF to proceed with LAST CALL.

Sincerely,
Mark Rejhon
Primary Author of XEP-0301