I like this idea. I would do it in a similar way than groups in the roster.
This would allow multiple tags on each bookmark, and also hierarchical with
a separator in the tag name.

sample:
<storage xmlns='storage:bookmarks'>
  <conference name='Council of Oberon'
              autojoin='true'
              jid='coun...@conference.underhill.org'>
    <nick>Puck</nick>
    <tags>
      <tag>A</tag>
      <tag>B</tag>
      <tag>A:B nested under A</tag>
    </tags>
  </conference>
</storage>

Alex

we can also define this in a separate extension and namespace.

--
Alexander Gnauck
http://www.ag-software.de