Hi,

On 11 October 2013 01:50, Field Tian (fitian) <fit...@cisco.com> wrote:
>    If wrap json directly, we need to do xml escape, It is boring. or XML
> Parser cannot parse the follow message(I put <x> into the value of status).

It might be boring, but any XML/XMPP library will be able to do this
for you already. I really hope XMPP developers aren't manually XML
escaping in their day-to-day work - I know I'm not :)

> Why not use the traditional way? For example, to extend an element called
> <cdata>, then whatever type of message can be put into. Please comment!

It's definitely not "traditional" to use cdata in XMPP. I would worry
about interoperability problems, and I don't think how you escape the
data (through entities or cdata) is within the scope of this XEP
anyway.

Regards,
Matthew