Hi Winfried,

'from' and 'to' is really confusing then and I don't quite understand the
slight difference.

In my opinion, they should just be analog to:

http://xmpp.org/rfcs/rfc6120.html#streams-attr-to

"For response stream headers in client-to-server communication, if the client
included a 'from' attribute in the initial stream header then the server MUST
include a 'to' attribute in the response stream header and MUST set its value
to the bare JID specified in the 'from' attribute of the initial stream header."

I.e. if the client receives a BOSH Session Creation Response, the 'to'
attribute should be the client's JID and the 'from' attribute is the server's
identity.

(And on the client's session creation request, they should just be vice-versa).

Can't it be analog to that?

As it stands, the client receives the response and the 'to' attribute contains
"the identity of the backend server to which the client is attempting to
connect"?
That's weird.

Christian