Am 13.03.2014 17:26, schrieb XMPP Extensions Editor:
The XMPP Extensions Editor has received a proposal for a new XEP.

Title: Internet of Things - Discovery

Abstract: This specification describes an architecture based on the XMPP
protocol whereby Things can be installed and safely discovered by their owners
and connected into networks of Things.

The XMPP Council will decide in the next two weeks whether to accept this
proposal as an official XEP.

some comments after reviewing it:

section 3.3.1 describes how to find an xmpp servers. The methods described there aren't limited to iot (at least the dhcp one), so it might be a good idea to split them off. Not sure how useful that is however.

section 3.4:
I don't think IBR should be recommended anymore.

section 3.5:
I would recommend moving the discovery to standard disco#items and to use components (xep-0114) -- those are not much harder to write than standard clients and have many advantages in terms of managability. Having hardcoded accounts like 'discovery' is a no-go imo, even with the security considerations.
Affects all examples, but that might be a simple search-replace.

section 3.11:
the comment from 3.5 applies here as well.

example 36 closes update instead of search.