Heh funny enough, Ive been talking about this since Portland 2010 and been in
my inbox for a while.

I actually also was thinking about a new component XEP or extension for the old
XEP-114 XEP which gives you more access to the server.
I use almost XEP-0114 for every XMPP project I am doing (most business logic
resides there) and it great for most of the purpose I’ve had so far, but
sometimes it just don’t quite do the job I want.

But also I want stream features for components, SASL, TLS and all the other
good stuff which we have on S2S and C2S.
I could be great to use SALS and friends instead of handshaking and do roster
access, db access and other stuff.
Maybe when defining this XEP, it could also be great to have different access
level of the different components and NS delegations..

-Cheers!

/Steffen