Hi,

I've recently experienced some of my contacts using clients that always
send messages to bare JIDs (in this case it was Conversations) which
results in a rather annoying experience when being logged in with multiple
resources. However seeing that the current standard on this issue, XEP-0296
[1], hasn't been updated for more than two years, I wonder if it still
represents current best practice among clients who aim for best as possible
usability.

How have you, client-developers, implemented resource binding? If you
haven't implemented it at all, why not? Does XEP-0296 represent the ideal
way for doing resource binding for you?

Cheers,
Tobias

[1] http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0296.html