On 20 June 2014 10:29, Peter Saint-Andre <stpe...@stpeter.im> wrote:

> Nothing to panic about there. A few implementations exist, and I think the
> authors will be updating the spec soon.
>

>  We are using MUC to handle posting comments and we need to do infinite
>> scrolling backward in the room archive. Nothing in XEP-0313 mentions how
>> to use it with a MUC room so I'm not sure what that would look like.
>> Also, is there any code anywhere that implements XEP-0313? We're using
>> Openfire but anything to help us understand it better is also useful.
>>

> This might be useful:
>
> http://hg.prosody.im/prosody-modules/file/feca77ad88ac/mod_
> mam_muc/mod_mam_muc.lua

I've got a local copy of mam_muc for prosody that archives presences,
invites, and declines, in addition to messages.
It would be useful if XEP-0313 said something about forwarding non-messages.

When applied to MUC, archiving can get quite tricky: not everyone sees the
same version of each message.
e.g. when `whois` is semi-anonymous

A tangential issue
For each historical message, we wanted get the presences of the author at
the time.
Currently (for muc) this is done by the client fetching history backwards
in time until we find a presences to a matching occupant.
This can probably be optimised somehow...

Daurn.