On 20 June 2014 03:59, XMPP Extensions Editor <edi...@xmpp.org> wrote:

> This message constitutes notice of a Last Call for comments on XEP-0186
> (Invisible Command).
>
> Abstract: This document specifies an XMPP-compatible protocol for user
> invisibility.

> This Last Call begins today and shall end at the close of business on
> 2014-07-03.
>
> Please consider the following questions during this Last Call and send
> your feedback to the standards@xmpp.org discussion list:
>
> 1. Is this specification needed to fill gaps in the XMPP protocol stack or
> to clarify an existing protocol?

Yes; I think as we see more non-IM clients acting as users (so you have
your IM client, but also a distinct Buddycloud client, for example) it'll
be more useful to have a simple and explicit mechanism for avoiding
cluttering presence.

This beyond a clearly desirable invisible case that I find myself using
when forced into using Skype.

> 2. Does the specification solve the problem stated in the introduction and
> requirements?

Yes.

> 3. Do you plan to implement this specification in your code? If not, why
> not?

Yes, I'm intending on knocking it out in Openfire if nobody beats me to it.

No, though i suspect that widely available invisibility may cause some new
abusive behaviour to come to light. I cannot predict what, as I am as pure
as the driven snow, and incapable of evil.

Yes; I'll be interested to see deployment, but it looks fundamentally
sound, and understandable.