On 11/27/2014 03:34 PM, Goffi wrote:
> Hi Sergey,
>
>>   * server will have to refuse stanzas with these namespaces when
>> component is down by some reason, so the namespace lease is permanent
>> and does not need any negotiation
>
> That's a good point, actually the bahaviour is not specified when
> component is down (actually the server would manage the stanza, which is
> not desirable). The issue is actually the same in client mode.
It's much harder for client mode as if user already started to use
internal services and then plugged in another one... OR that external
service could implement not all namespaces and then these namespaces
will be served by the origin server and it all looks like hell.

> So you suggest to block the namespace (send an unavailable error) when
> component is down in admin mode, which is indeed an option, but what
> ould you do in client mode ?
I have no idea how to deal with client mode, unfortunately :( too much
caveats I see here and we probably need to make a list of them and
discuss on the next summit?

>>   * i think it makes it easier to implement at least just admin mode both
>> on component and server side
>
> Yes that's the idea, and it's actually written in implementation notes #1.
>
> The <IQ/> negociation is not complicated, but the behaviour when
> component is offline is not specified and that's an issue. Your
> suggestion make sense, but what would you do in client mode ? Let the
> normal behaviour when no entity manage a namespace ? That would mean a
> different behaviour in admin and client mode, that's it ?

Ideally, when we have a namespace lease for external component, we
should return service-unavailable if that external component is down and
never fall back to an internal one to prevent mess.

>> We still need to inform component of which namespaces delegations have
>> been granted and we can do it with a simple message stanza containing
>> the namespaces.
>
> If we choose to specify namespaces in configuration, that's an option
> indeed. But first it's important to specify what to do when component is
> down, thank you for pointing this.

As I already mentioned, client mode is a big hell and I would even
suggest to avoid implementing it right now, I'd defer it for better
times when we get stable implementations of admin mode.

--
With best regards,
Sergey Dobrov,