G'day,

I have an issue that I mentioned in Brussel to Matthew with using MAM (XEP-0313) for PubSub (XEP-0060)/PEP (XEP-0163).

Today to query a PubSub node with MAM, we need to do (according to section 4):

<iq to='pubsub.shakespeare.lit' type='set' id='juliet1'>
<query xmlns='urn:xmpp:mam:0' queryid='f28' node='fdp/submitted/capulet.lit/sonnets'>
</iq>

I don't think it's a good way for the following reasons:

1) only the "node" attribute allow to know that we are doing a query on pubsub. What if someday something called also "node" is used in an other XEP ?

2) pubsub namespace doesn't appear anywhere. In my opinion it's more a pubsub request than a MAM request (we query a pubsub service, we just want to filter the results), so the pubsub namespace should appear.

3) as we have no pubsub namespace, it is a big problem to delegate it with XEP-0355. That means that instead of just delegating pubsub, we need to delegate all MAM traffic, including messages, and then send them back to server (which is not possible yet). Lot of useless traffic and complications.

So I guess either PubSub namespace should appear somewhere, or an other way should be used to filter items on PubSub/PEP.

Thanks
Goffi