On 13.02.2015 16:14, Ivan Vučica wrote:
> Let's not forget that iOS gets into a violent mood in case your
> background app wakes up more frequently than 15 times in 300 seconds.
> Message in the log is, quite literally, "exceeded 15 wakes in 300 sec".
>
> This matters only if the app is in background (including if the phone is
> off). And there will probably be little or no consequences if the
> delivery of second message in a row is delayed by 20-30 sec, or until
> the user unlocks the screen and the client 'permits' the delivery, right?

I'm not an iOS export, but I think I've heard that TCP connection are
terminated anyway after something like 60 seconds (of inactivity?).
Anyway I would right now, not take iOS into consideration, because, as
far as I know, you would need to use APNS anyway for XMPP push
notifications.

Right now, I'm trying to build a minimal set of required functionality.
And this does include to bundle and defer stanzas that are by some
mechanisms determined on the users server. But not the general deferring
of all incoming stanzas or the modification of incoming stanzas in any way.

- Florian