Dave,

Thanks for raising this important point.   I did put a note in the draft, that
I have requested permission from NATO to put the spec on the Web.

STANAG 5066 is NATO UNCLASSIFIED, so I can share with anyone who wants to
review in context of this specification  - it is not a light read.

An interesting precedent is RFC 7467, which references ADatP-3 (not currently
on the Web) plus a documented request to NATO to allow publication of the spec.

Here is what I think would be a very sensible and helpful approach.

1.        Allow publication “as is” as an Experimental XEP.  This will enable
me to get it on the NATO BLOSCOMMS agenda in a couple of weeks, and to make the
case to NATO.  Having a XEP (as opposed to a failed submission) will make this
MUCH easier.    Although STANAG 5066 is not “on the Web” it is straightforward
to get hold of for anyone who cares.

2.       Minute that it will not be allowed to progress beyond Experimental,
unless STANAG 5066 is published on The Web.  This is sensible, as a standard
should have fully open access to necessary components.    It will also help me
push for this publication.

Does this make sense?

Getting this as a XEP soon would help, as the key meetings are every six months
(and the next one is very soon).

Regards

Steve