XEP-0305 was originally written to satisfy some requirements among a team that had concerns about the number of round trips needed to establish an XMPP session. That team no longer exists. As the author, I also have serious reservations about the spec, not limited to the issue that Thijs Alkemade recently raised: https://github.com/xsf/xeps/issues/69

Therefore I am seriously considering a request to change the state of this document to Retracted.

Before doing so, I would like to know if anyone on this list has implemented this quickstart method, or is seriously considering such an implementation.

Thanks!

Peter

--
Peter Saint-Andre