> Take a look at the list of RFC and XEP authors for starters.
That list is VERY short. And most authors have 15+ years of experience
in related technologies.
Indeed, there are some extensions from "beginners" but they are not
widely adopted.

> subscription for new ones to be written based on their requirements.
"Subscription fee" for writing an XEP is **the time**. As I described
in previous message -
it is cheaper to write some domain-specific protocol from scratch,
rather than adopt XMPP in that current outdated state.

> open-source entitlement.
I have mention that now is 2015 - "you should use XMPP just because it
is driven by open community"
is not an answer in 2015: there are MANY open communities with open
specs and opensource libraries.
XMPP still lost it 2003.
---