On 19 October 2015 at 12:27, Michal Piotrowski
<michal.piotrow...@erlang-solutions.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I don't know if this was discussed already or not but I couldn't find
> anything trustworthy about combining Stream Management with BOSH.
>
> I'd like to hear  an opinion from the community regarding using Stream
> Management over BOSH. It looks like these two can be combined but the
> questions are:
> 1. Doest this make sense?
> 2. Was Stream Management designed with BOSH in mind or only for regular TCP
> (or WS) connections?

I agree that on the surface it doesn't make sense. However Lance Stout
provided me with an interesting use-case: using XEP-0198 allows you to
seamlessly transfer a session between TCP, BOSH and WS (in theory).

In practice, Prosody doesn't really support this (you have to resume
the session over the same transport you initiated the session on). But
it's something we're considering changing, and I don't think it would
be much work.

Regarding question 2, no, I think it's safe to say that XEP-0198 was
not designed with BOSH in mind. BOSH has its own similar functionality
built in, and except for the use-case mentioned above (assuming it
worked reliably), I don't think it makes sense to negotiate it over
BOSH.

Regards,
Matthew