On 10 December 2015 at 10:40, Peter Waher <peterwa...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Correct. The servers involved are not involved, so to say :) (Unless the
> server publishes say a a queueing-component supporting QoS, but then it
> would be the component that would support the XEP.)

Right. As I said, this is the key for me. The protoXEP is defining a
method for reliable delivery that is necessarily different from
XEP-0184 and XEP-0198. It works on top of, and does not modify, XMPP's
standard routing.

These things were not clear to me on reading. I wonder if, for next
week, you could add some clarification along these points? I think a
new reliability XEP, when we already have multiple, really needs to
justify its existence.

Likewise explaining that it's not modifying current XMPP routing would
clarify the scope of the protocol.

Regards,
Matthew