> This specification defines a token-based session authentication mechanism
> similar to OAuth.

The token based reconnect can be used with any token (eg. JWT tokens,
which are valid oauth tokens, are given as an example below), if I'm
understanding the intent behind this spec correctly. The reference to
a specific token format should probably be removed from the abstract.

With my work hat off, we may have some interest in implementing this
at HipChat since we do something very similar (but with oauth tokens)
with our existing web-based clients, and use JWT tokens for auth with
other Atlassian services. Will advise in a more official capacity
after I've reviwed this more.

Thanks!

Best,
Sam

On Fri, Feb 5, 2016 at 10:15 AM, XMPP Extensions Editor <edi...@xmpp.org> wrote:

> Title: Token-based reconnection
>
> Abstract: This specification defines a token-based session authentication
> mechanism similar to OAuth.

> The XMPP Council will decide in the next two weeks whether to accept this
> proposal as an official XEP.

Sam Whited
pub 4096R/54083AE104EA7AD3
https://blog.samwhited.com