FYI: I've renamed QSR to ISR: http://geekplace.eu/xeps/xep-isr/xep-isr.html

> With respect to 4.1, would it make sense to default to the normal
> stream-management resumption location specified in XEP-0198 iff
> qsr:location is not specified?

Good point. I don't see a reason to make it an iff. I've added it as 3.
step to obtain ISR resumption host candidates from.

> Also, you state
>
>> Note that the hosts announced by the 'location' attribute
>> qualified
> by the 'urn:xmpp:qsr:0' namespace MUST be connected to using Transport
> Layer Security (TLS, see RFC 5246 [4]) from the beginning, i.e.
> <starttls/> MUST NOT be used, instead the TLS Handshake is performed
> right after establising the connection.
>
> Does this override what is written in the next section (4.2) where
> both means are supported?

No it does not. You certainly want to prefer to perform ISR over a
xep368 style port, i.e. where TLS is done right away. But if there is no
such port available, you are free to perform ISR after STARTTLS.

- Florian