> On 5 Jul 2016, at 09:51, Florian Schmaus <f...@geekplace.eu> wrote:
>
> On 05.07.2016 10:08, Evgeny Khramtsov wrote:
>> Tue, 5 Jul 2016 09:55:53 +0200
>> Florian Schmaus <f...@geekplace.eu> wrote:
>>
>>> I'd also welcome if XEP development, especially for such an important
>>> one like MIX, would be more open.
>>
>> For the record, we already have github XSF repo for that. We can keep
>> development there and tag stable version.
>
> So far, the XSF repo is *only* used for submitted XEPs, everything in
> inbox/ is a ProtoXEPs and XEPs with numbers follow the standards track.
> Changes are only made by the XSF Editor Team. It is not used for active
> development of those XEPs, and I think it should be that way.

For a while it’s been my vision that each XEP should have its own repo. The
authors could then ‘own’ their own XEP repo - push to development branches,
accept updates (to draft XEPs), etc. This would need a much higher level of
automation than we have now though, and I just don’t have the bandwidth to do
anything on it at the moment unfortunately.

Cheers,

Ash